- 51 (Registered)
An 8-part autobiographical writing and embodiment course.
We all have stories to share. But how often do we think about the stories we create?
In this course we will use a technique called writing from the body to connect to and discover new stories inside us. This is a perfect opportunity to dive inwards if you are feeling lost or stuck or adrift, or perhaps your life is changing and you don’t feel connected to it. Perhaps you are looking for a clearer sense of purpose as the world around us shifts so dramatically. In this course you can safely explore who you are, who you think you are and who you want to be. This involves deep work and is not for the faint-hearted!
We will also look at how our sense of identity shapes our experience of being alive and consider the ways in which our identity can limit our embodied experience of aliveness.
Who is this is for?
- People who are looking for a deeper sense of connection to and understanding of themselves through their bodies
- People who want to develop new writing techniques that bring them closer to their direct experience
What you will learn and experience:
- Experience more ease of connection to your body
- Discover new techniques of writing from the body
- Write new material in a variety of forms
- Increased confidence to speak and share your own words
- Increased sense of presence through being more embodied
- New and clearer understanding of who you are
Introduction and somatic resourcing
Fluid body and fluidity
Skin and boundaries
Space and spaciousness
Brains, bones, containment and beliefs
Nervous system and attachment styles
Roots and wings